Our Basic Web Design Questionnaire
Please look over these questions. We like to use these questions as a framework for building your online presence. At the least they can help you a customer get the most out of your project. Feel free to copy these questions we find that even if you don’t choose us at least you can have a basic framework to work from.
1. Why do you want to have a new website, or have your current site redesigned?
2. What will happen if you don’t have a new website, or have your current site redesigned?
3. Please describe your organization in a few sentences.
4. What is there about you and your background that sets you apart for a special (niche) group of potential customers?
5. What problems do your prospects have that your business solves?
6. How can your particular work background help prospects, compared to others in your industry? What’s special about your work experience?
7. Why do you believe site visitors should do business with you rather than with a competitor?
8. Do you have a slogan or tagline that clearly describes what you offer in terms of benefits or features?
9. Please describe your potential customers. Pay special attention to their income, interests, gender, age, even type of computer they use, e.g., old with dialup account or newer with broadband. If your website is a business-to-business site, what sort of companies are you hoping to attract?
10. What is your budget for this project?
11. Who are the decision makers on this project? What is the turnaround time for making a decision?
13. What is your deadline for completing the site?
14. Please list the names of five other sites that you like. Why are they attractive to you?
15. Have you researched your online competition so you have an idea of what you do and don’t want on your site?
16. What do you NOT want on your site in terms of text, content, etc.?
17. Where is the website content coming from? Who’s responsible for updating it? Is it ready for use on your website?
18. Do you have a logo?
19. Are you planning to do online sales? If so, what is the product, and how many items do you want to sell online?
20. If you’re planning to sell online, are you set up to accept credit cards?
21. How much time will you be able to spend online, responding to inquiries that come in via your website? Once a day? Several hours a day?
22. If you were using a search engine, what words or phrases would you use to find your site? Which of these words or phrases is most important? Second? Third?
23. Other than what search engines will produce, what methods do you have in mind to spread the word about your website?
24. Once your website is completed, how long do you think it will be before you begin bringing in significant business from the website?
25. How do you plan to encourage repeat visitors and referrals?
Thanks to Freelance Switch for this helpfull information
you can find more resources at FreeLanceSwitch.com